Friday, July 16, 2010

Externship Update

Well, since my Europe posts have been put on hold by the crappy picture uploading thing on Blogger (damn free website, why won't you work perfectly?), I guess I will talk about my externship.

I'm working at Opportunity Village, which is a rehab/treatment facility for people who need physical or mental rehabilitation or special care. The people who work in the kitchen are almost "job-ready" and will get assistance in finding a job after they are evaluated.

We have a simple set menu, but the fun part is that we get to make up a daily special, whatever we want, as long as it's not super expensive. Today we made BBQ ribs, and they were a hit. We sold out of them before lunch time even began. I'm working with Abbie, who I worked with at Cafe Bleu, and a guy named Chris. They're both fun to work with and it's a pretty relaxed environment.

The externship has the perfect hours, too. It's exactly the hours that Devin works, no weekends or nights, which is more than I could have hoped for.

I wouldn't mind doing the whole 12 weeks there, but we'll see what happens with this actual job I'm still supposed to get.

More Europe posts are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment