Tuesday, September 29, 2009

First Cooking Day in Foundations III: Beef Stew

We braised beef stew today, and I got to see how the kitchen that has 24 burners is going to work for 21 people (two people were missing today). It's not great, but I guess it will have to work. The stew is delicious, but we aren't getting grades yet for that class.

Chef wants us to be a little more creative for Foundations III, which is a nice change of pace from the II class where we had to just do exactly as we were told. I can't wait for glazed sweet potatoes, which is Friday, and I should have a more exciting post by tomorrow. We're still just starting out in this class, after all.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, glazed sweet potatoes. I make a really delicious sweet potato dish around Christmastime. Mmm. And I made sweet potato fries a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete