Monday, October 19, 2009

Mexican Food Day

Today we didn't get graded, but it sure was a fun day! I was team captain and we did a round robin to pick our teams. I still got Pico and Jose, with the additions of Victor and Carl. Not bad.

We marinated the pork for carnitas over the weekend and made them today. The marinade was lots of orange juice and some spices; I will have to find out which ones because it was delicious. We also made guacamole, salsa, corn tortillas, black bean cake, corn and poblano, and a dull potato dish. I swear, we make some form of mashed potatoes every day. The black bean cake was the hardest to make because it required a really light touch and a perfect consistency. I think everyone in class messed it up. I made the guacamole, which is a lot harder when I can't use garlic powder, Tapatio, and Tabasco, like I do at home. I had to rely on creating my own flavors with crushed garlic, onion, jalapenos, and tomato. It came out really nice. Victor made the salsa and the tortillas, and Pico and Jose made the corn dish.

Mmm, Mexican food. And the white girl made the guacamole!

No comments:

Post a Comment