Thursday, February 18, 2010

Indian Food

Today we made a vegetable tagine with cous cous and Indian spices. We used saffron, oregano, cilantro, and mint. It was a successful dish. We served it with a simple yogurt sauce.

We also made a lentil curry with tofu and vegetables, which I loved because I love tofu! We served it over rice. My first batch of rice burned because someone *ahem* turned the burner up, and in my haste to make another batch in 20 minutes I forgot to salt the rice. At least it wasn't burned, and I made a successful pilaf in 20 minutes. The rest of the spices were good, but no salt. I was so mad at myself; of course the batch that someone burned was seasoned perfectly.

We got a 4 out of 5. It was partly because of the saltless rice, but also partly because the curry was delicious, but not colorful enough. It was delicious; the four of us ate it in probably five minutes flat.

1 comment: