Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tricolor Vegetable Terrine

I can't make my mussels or my fruit salsa for the buffet until next week, so I made the vegetable terrine today. A terrine is a dish that's basically a mousse pressed into a mold and then weighted down for a few days so it's able to be sliced when it's served. It can be made with anything, and we are making several for our grand buffet.

The vegetables we used are carrots, spinach, and a mix of cauliflower and turnip. The terrine is going to be striped in those colors, and it'll look pretty, but it seems like a lot of work for what is basically vegetable puree.

Other teams are making terrines of lamb breast, chicken, rabbit, all sorts of things.

Chef made us mussels today, since we are getting another batch for me to use next week. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment