Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our First Buffet

Today we set up our first buffet. It was really fun, but making canelles turned out to be tougher than I thought.

All our old teachers and some other classes came to eat, so by the time we got to it, we only had a few things left! I had some cheese from the cheese platter, some stuffed mushrooms, and a whole lot of ceviche, because I really love ceviche. Some other things we had were deviled quail eggs, trout pate stuffed cucumbers, baba ghannouj profiteroles (yes really), and, of course, my foie gras on lingonberry crostini.

The only thing left is the picture. Sorry it's not the best quality; I took it on my phone. You can see the pretty fruit carvings that Chef did. We will start doing those in our third week.

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! Congrats on your progress thus far!

    ReplyDelete