Monday, June 21, 2010

Back of House Practical

Today was our practical. We had an hour and a half to make a roasted chicken, gratin dauphinoise, braised cabbage, and a beurre blanc sauce.

We weren't allowed to use our recipes and I pretty much drew a blank on the beurre blanc. I also cut the cabbage too big so it wasn't cooked all the way. I'm really kicking myself for that one.

In good news, my dauphinoise was good and my chicken was cooked perfectly. Big surprise, the two things that I do at home all the time are the two things I did well on the practical. I don't know what my score was and I'm not sure I want to.

Luckily, my projects have been good, and my last quiz score was perfect, plus I already have an A in front of house. I'll be really upset if my grade is lower than a B, and thrilled if I somehow manage an A.

No comments:

Post a Comment