Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Glory Walk!

Today we did our glory walk down the hall at school. Everyone comes out and stands in line to applaud us for getting through a year of culinary school. I'm not sure it's the most impressive feat in the world, but it was nice to see all our Chefs, especially Chef Daughters, who I love and haven't seen in probably a month. At first I felt very silly, but then I realized hey, I made it through, and some of these people just started. I know when I had just begun the program this day seemed very far away. I even Randaled a little bit, click if you don't know what that means.

I made four portobello sandwiches today. My dad emailed me and told me that it is either portobello or portabella, since the masculine or feminine have to agree in the word. It didn't occur to me that it was a combination of two words. I don't know Italian; my French knowledge leads me to believe it means "beautiful door," but that seems odd.

No word from externship yet. I'm grumpy and nervous because I really need to get that set up before my trip, which means I need to get it set up tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I think it means either beautiful gate (think of the Arc de Triomphe or Namdaemun, which means Great South Gate) or beautiful port, perhaps both -- the words for door, gate, port are similar or identical in many languages.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete