Friday, June 18, 2010

Chicken Sandwich Wrap-up

Today was my last day on the chicken and pineapple sandwich. I got four orders pretty much right in a row, and some were modified. One wanted ciabatta bread instead of a croissant (why?!), and one wanted the pineapple on the side. I knocked them out, we cleaned, and it's the weekend! Oh, and Chef let me take home my mis en place*, so I have the stuff to make a few chicken sandwiches at home now, sans pineapple since I'm not a fan.

Next week I'm moving on to the Portabella Mushroom Sandwich. Should be fun; too bad not that many people order it. I have a feeling I'll be helping on the grill much more than actually making the mushroom sandwich.

My externship interview is on Tuesday next week!

*Mis en place is the term for all the food you have prepared at your station and your set up; for example my station had croissants, butterflied chicken breast, pineapple, julienned cabbage, carrot, and red onion, Asian vinaigrette, chicken marinade, wasabi mayonnaise, lola rosa lettuce, and strawberries. It just translates to "put in place."

No comments:

Post a Comment