Tuesday, June 8, 2010

No One Orders Pizza

That's right, no one orders pizza at Cafe Bleu. I was so excited to use a real pizza oven, and the only reason I got to do it once was that Chef let me practice one when service was over. It was really fun sliding the pizza in and watching it cook; I just wish I had more chances to do it today! Aside from cleaning for other people and helping other people prep, I had nothing to do for an hour and a half today.

I didn't really mind, but I'm definitely going for a more exciting station next week. You would think pizza would be the fun station! Even the soup station seemed to have more fun than me.

Tomorrow we are making a bunch of pizzas for family meal, so that should at least be fun. I want to come up with a pizza special that will actually get people to order some!

It really is amazing how much prep work there is compared to how long it takes to make a dish once it's all prepped. Prep takes two hours; making a dish takes five minutes. I guess I should have realized that by now but I just hadn't made the connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment