Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fun Day in Back of House

I know I said no one orders pizza, but we did make 12 of them for family meal today, with all different toppings. I think I'm getting pretty good at pizza. My favorite was the one that we used the garlic cream sauce on instead of marinara.

Today was really fun! I got to help out on the garde manger (salad) station since the guy doing it couldn't handle his orders, and then someone who works at the school actually did order a pizza! I put it in the woodfired oven and then finished it in a regular oven. Chef said it looked good, so I was pleased.

My review of El Taco Fresco made it into the Yelp weekly newsletter. In other good news, I think I have my externship all set up; I just have to make a couple of phone calls. It actually looks perfect for me, since it's a Chef Administrative Assistant job. I know I can do that! It's pretty much exactly what I wanted; something in a kitchen, but not so much with the stress and the crazy hours. I will update when I find out for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment