Sunday, November 1, 2009

Catering with Chef Lauer

Today I went to school at 8 AM to help Chef Lauer cook for a party he was catering for some friends. There were to be about 80 attendees, and it was a celebration for a guy who had a successful heart transplant- a pig's heart! We made a roasted pork leg and jerk chicken.

It was pretty fun, other than the fact that it was Sunday and I was at school. Once we got to the actual party it was a lot better. We just threw the chicken on the grill and ate some food. Overall, it was a good way to spend a Sunday, plus I got 7 more volunteer hours racked up. Now I have 12; 28 more until I get my certificate and medal.

I am very nervous about my finals this week, but happy to have another four-day week ahead of me at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment