Sunday, November 22, 2009

Grandma's Lebanese Recipes: Broiled Chicken (Lebanese)

The title is just how it is in the book. I haven't made this before, but I'm sure I've made some sort of variant of it.

And, cue Grandma:
Clean young chicken and cut lengthwise in two pieces. Broil on charcoal fire. Brush with little oil while broiling. Sprinkle with little salt and pepper and serve with the following sauce:
Garlic 10 cloves
Salt 1 t
Oil 2T
Lemon juice 1T

Pound garlic in salt. Mix in oil and lemon juice until you have a smooth paste.
Dip chicken meat in while eating.

My notes:
My only thought about this is that my mom used to make this for me when I was young and a very picky eater. This might be a good solution for picky children or even picky adults. My mom would just make the chicken breast, not the whole bird, but I'm sure it works the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment