Thursday, March 4, 2010

Burgers and Mac n Cheese

Don't get too excited; it's vegan burgers and vegan mac n cheese.

The burger was a patty made with the seitan we made yesterday, the product that's mostly wheat gluten. We added some cayenne and some extra garlic. To make them at least a little bit unhealthy (read: delicious) we pan fried them in a pretty good amount of oil. My team served ours with two different "mayos" made out of tofu: one garlic "mayo" and one spicy pepper "mayo." It was actually really good. We made waffle fries to go with the burger.

The "cheese" for the mac n cheese was ground up almonds, nutritional yeast, and a few other products. I didn't make it because I was working on the burger. It was okay, but it didn't taste like cheese, which I was expecting.

We served our panna cotta today. It was thickened with agar agar instead of egg, and I thought it made the dessert way too gelatinous.

I'm pretty sure I've lost a couple pounds because I've been eating mostly vegetarian, which I really didn't expect. I'm still not sold, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment