Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rick Moonen: Calamari and Scallops

Rick Moonen, and his restaurant RM Seafood here in town, are known for their longstanding belief in sustainable seafood. I've been to RM Seafood and never regretted it for a second. I ordered the cioppino there, and it contained the biggest and most delicious mussels I've ever had.

Our dishes today were fried calamari with two different aiolis, and scallops in a mushroom cream sauce. The boys took over the calamari while I whipped up the scallop dish in about 20 minutes. They were still working, and I had leftover scallops, so I made another batch. Chef liked everything we made today. We didn't get a "perfect" but he said everything was seasoned nicely and was delicious.

I am so excited for class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment