Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chili Rellenos, Mole Chicken, and Guacamole

This week we are focusing on the "new world," that is, food that originated in North and South America.

We made chili rellenos with the same Mexican cheese we used last week; I think it's called poquino or something like that. It's like really creamy string cheese and melts really well. I'm not a fan of the texture of peppers, but I don't mind poblanos very much. For the fried goodness on the outside we made an egg batter. They were pretty tasty.

Tim made the mole sauce, as I knew he would. It was dried smoked chilies, raisins, a few spices, a bit of chocolate, and a few other things. I should have paid more attention to that. It was delicious on the chicken.

Corrinne and I made the guacamole, as I am prone to do. We added jalapenos, habaneros, and garlic to the regular suspects of lime, cilantro, red onion, and tomato. It sure looked like everyone liked it, since we used seven avocados and it was gone within minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment