Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Jamaican Jerk Chicken, French Omelet, and Pineapple Foster

I call it pineapple foster for lack of a better word. Basically, we cooked pineapple in brown sugar, cinnamon, and some spices. I know there were some whole cloves in there. Then we flambeed it and served it with vanilla bean ice cream. I had a little bit of ice cream but I don't like pineapple, and it definitely still tasted like pineapple even after all we did to it.

We cooked our Jamaican jerk chicken after marinating it for two days. Damn, it was good. Jerk chicken is one of my favorite foods in the world.

Chef showed us how to make a French omelet. Did you know that the French traditional omelet is just eggs, salt, and butter? It's a tri-folded thing, which you have to make perfectly using only a fork, and only then can you cut it open and add a filling. Oh, and it has to be exactly three eggs. I find the whole thing a little eyeroll-worthy, but whatever.

We also made some flat bread to eat with our chicken. I made a little taco-like thing with some thigh meat, some cilantro and lime, and the bread. Yum!

Chef even let us have a little Gewurtztraminer to go with the jerk chicken. Double yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment