Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Indian and Chinese

Today we made curry and some Chinese red chicken. I didn't work on the chicken dish, but it had dark soy sauce and a bunch of seasoning, not much else. They cooked the chicken in a Chinese sand pot on the stovetop and then reduced it to a glaze. It was delicious.

Our curry was great too, except the eggplant wasn't as fresh as it should have been. We had zucchini and chickpeas in it, both of which I love, and lots of onion, garlic, and ginger. The curry spice mix contains an insane amount of different spices, toasted and then ground. I can't even list them off the top of my head.

For some reason, my class has finally come together on the cleaning thing. It used to take us at least half an hour to clean, and now we can do it in ten minutes. I'm not sure if the chef just isn't as strict, or if we've become better at cleaning as we go, or we just aren't cooking as much stuff so we have fewer dishes. In any case, it's a good thing. We've gotten out on time every day so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment