Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Moroccan Chicken

Today we made Moroccan chicken with couscous and Moroccan bread. I made the bread, since the chicken is basically the same method as Indian food with different spices. Moroccan spice is almost indistinguishable in smell, and that's because it's half cumin and half cinnamon. When you smell it, you just get this, "Wow, this smells great but I have no idea what's in it!" feeling.

Also, I would like to profess my love for harisa at this time. It's a condiment in Moroccan cuisine, but I would use it on just about anything. It's made with red peppers, but the standout tastes are the chilies and the spices. I knew about it before, but hadn't tried it until today. Yum!

Tomorrow we're making more Mexican food, including flour tortillas, my favorite. I know corn is more traditional, but what can I say? I'm still a white girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment